Health for Health Professionals Wales Poster
Chair's Special COVID-19 Update April 2020
Please find the most recent update from the LMC Chair, please bear in mind in this current climate things are contantly changing and everything within this update was correct as of 8th April 2020.
Vacancy - Salaried GP - Mount Pleasant Practice - Chepstow
Permanent salaried GP required
6-8 sessions per week
10k Per Session Per Annum
We are looking to recruit a permanent salaried GP for 6 to 8 sessions per week starting January 2022.
The successful candidate will be working as part of an exceptional multi-disciplinary team in a high quality environment across 2 sites. Both experienced & newly qualified GPs are welcome to apply.
Generous benefits package, including NHS pension scheme, 6 weeks annual leave plus study leave, generous paternity/maternity cover, full indemnity cover and competitive salary.
Applications in writing for the attention of:
Mount Pleasant Practice
BMA - Urgent prescription for general practice
The BMA launched the Urgent Prescription for General Practice campaign, publishing the first of a three part analysis from the workload pressures survey responses received from GP practices in England and Wales, showing the extent of the pressures they are under.
The issues have had significant coverage and practices should have received resource packs to help with raising their concerns locally. A tremendous amount of media coverage and social media activity has been generated around the published survey data, including on workload, demand levels, financial viability, workforce and more – all of which are available on the campaign home page, and can also be downloaded, or shared on social media.
Media coverage has so far included the front page of the Guardian plus mentions in four other national newspapers; five mentions on national radio, including the Today programme; five mentions on TV news; 58 on BBC regional radio and a number of other regional media hits. The Urgent Prescription for General Practice campaign web hub has had a total of 10,770 page views with 13 minutes being the average time spent on the page, and #gpincrisis has been used 2,014 times with a total reach of 6,926,036 since the project launched. The total number of retweets/likes is 820 with 108 people now using the project Twibbon.
Vacancy - Salaried GP with a view to Partnership - Glan Rhyd Surgery - Ebbw Vale
WE ARE LOOKING FOR A SIX SESSION SALARIED GP (approximately) WITH A VIEW TO A PARTNERSHIP, TO IMPROVE FLEXIBILE WORK PATTERNS FOR OUR CLINICAL TEAM
A highly regarded, forward-thinking Training practice with a list size of 8600 patients and exciting opportunities for the future and long-term stability. The team are superb; there is a diverse range of interests, skilled colleagues and a first-rate practice manager at the helm. Development is actively encouraged, and you will be supported in the pursuit of specialist interests and involvement with local services and allied health organisations. The practice is highly organised, so workflow is efficient and more recently we have become proactively involved in the compassionate communities pathway. You will benefit from our whole practice team buffets and fish & chip days to ease the flow of the day!
• To be discussed, dependant on experience, specialities
• Blaenau Gwent
• Forward-thinking practice, innovative ways of working
• Proactive Partnership with varying experience
• 7 GP’s
• Well respected Training and Teaching practice
• A great team of well tenured, skilled Clinicians
• Great links with our neighbourhood network, meaning good information exchange
• Highly trained admin support; they take a lot of responsibility on, allowing GPs to concentrate on their clinical duties
• Pharmacist support to help with repeat prescriptions / medication reviews
• Specialist interests welcomed and encouraged
• 8600 list
• Purpose built well maintained premises
• Vision 360 computer software
• Experienced nursing support which includes an Advanced Nurse Practitioner
• In practice Psychological Wellbeing Practitioner
• Approximately 6 sessions per week to include Monday/Thursday + 1 other
• Shared workload
• 1 x monthly on call with later start
• No extended hours / weekends / evenings
• Finish by 5pm on a normal day
• BMA model contract
• Negotiable sessional rate
• Support for professional development
• NHS pension
• 6 weeks annual leave
• 1 x week Study leave
• Newly Qualified GPs highly considered (Our last 3 GP recruits were newly qualified and they are all still here!)
For further details on this exceptional role, please contact:
Mrs Helen Thomas
Glan Rhyd Surgery
We welcome expressions of interest for alternative number of session, “try before you buy”, fixed term contract, days of working.
Page 2 of 4